Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Strawberry Daiquri Punch

Here is my delicious recipe for strawberry daiquri punch that I served at the baby shower. Don't worry, I left out the rum for the mommy to be! Now the ingredients are simple, but the key here is freezing it overnight - if not frozen, it does not taste the same.


Mix together, 1 pkg strawberry Kool-Aid, 1 cup sugar, 1 gallon water, 1 large can pineapple juice, one can frozen lemonade thawed and two pints frozen or fresh strawberries. I mix it direcetly in the punch bowl that I will be using to serve at the event.



Freeze overnight. Thaw 3-4 hours before serving. It is closer to 3 hours if you are using light rum to spike it with. Just pour it over top and it will help melt the punch to slushy consistency. I forgot to take a photo of the end result, but let's just say there was NONE left over.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS. This punch sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try. Noticed you are in MD... I grew up in Silver Spring! You have a very pretty blog. See ya around!

Ashley said...

Saw you in SITS and thought I'd stop by. That punch looks sooo good! I need some (spiked) punch right now! Your shower looks like it turned out well!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, yum! I usually make a punch around Christmas time. And this sounds delish. I have this gorgeous punch bowl. But no ladle. I need to figure out where to get a beautiful ladle...

Unknown said...

OH I think I need that for a girl's night. It looks lovely

sassy stephanie said...

Um, YUM! I may have to make this next week with 7 kids together for the holidays!

Thanks for sharing in my SITS day with me!

Aunt Julie said...

Wow, you'd fit right in at my place this week! Hey, I'm over from SITS, and I'm making the rounds. Gotta Great Giveaway Goin' On...please stop by when you can!

Tiffany said...

Oh girl. That sounds fantastic!

Nina said...

That sounds good... I was just at a baby shower and they put frozen manderin oranges in the punch and it was yummy.

Visiting from SITS...