Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This Is What's For Dinner

Mornin' Y'all!

I am so busy today, but I wanted to stop a minute and post what I have in the crockpot for dinner. I just dropped the kiddos at Vacation Bible School. I'm at work and faxing documents like crazy for the offer on a new home. At lunch I have to pick up kiddos from VBS. I have a hair appointment after work for my ugly roots to be highlighted. Phew, I'm tired already. But I used my crockpot - best invention of all times - for dinner. All the kids love this and Chief too. It is not an original recipe or anything fancy, but I love it.

Paprika Chicken - Serves 6

1 chicken cut up (could sub breasts or thighs or drumsticks)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 green pepper - chopped
1 onion - chopped
2 Tablespoons Paprika
1 clove garlic - minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup All Purpose flour
1 cup sour cream

Put chicken broth and all ingredients except flour and sour cream in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for a minimum of 8 hours. Remove chicken pieces from cooker. Turn control to high. Blend flour with 1/4 cup of juices from the crockpot. Return flour mixture to crockpot and blend in sour cream. Return chicken to pot, heat thru. Serve with noodles or rice.

4 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

There is all this crock-pot love going on. But I cannot get into that groove. I want to love my crock pot. But I have yet to make anything in it that I would want to repeat.

KimmyJ said...

Kat, you can get crockpot love too - it just takes a good recipe or two.

Unknown said...

mmmmm....I'll see you at dinner time!!

Heather said...

I LOVE my crockpot. This recipe sounds so yummy...guess what's for dinner tomorrow night. Thanks for the recipe!