Friday, September 26, 2008

T.G.I.F., Military Balls and Pier 1

It's Friday! Yipee! We are going to a friend's house for dinner and I am in charge of dessert. So I am going to break out my Paula Dean cookbook and savor every page while coming to my delectable dessert decision.

Chief and I are going to the "Khaki Ball" tomorrow night and I am totally underwhelmed by the idea. The idea of chatting up people I've never met and being "sized up" ranks right up there with getting a lollipop stuck in my hair, no fun! I haven't had a mani or pedi in months, I have nothing to wear and I don't even want to get started on my hair root situation. Not working has put a serious dent in my beauty budget - and by serious dent, I mean there is no beauty budget. But as Tim Gunn would say, I'll "make it work".

I got a part time job at Peir 1 Imports for the holidays. I start on Monday. I am really happy about the store discount but when all is said and done I know I will end up owing them money rather making anything by working there.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love Paula Deen... could listen to her talk all day long! Very 1st time I saw her on TV, she was making a chocolate peanut butter cake - it looked so good I went straight to the computer and printed off the recipe. I have yet to actually make it, but still...

I'd be the same way about working @ Pier 1... I wouldn't make a dime, it would all be spent right back at the store! HA!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I felt like that when I went to my high school reunion back in August. And then again last weekend when we went to my husband's. I am thinking next time, we'll stay home. Way too expensive for making a bunch of silly small talk with people I havent' seen in 20 years.

Meaghan said...

Let us know what desert you pick :)

-Meaghan

Hipmomofboyz said...

Just found your blog....I too am the proud mother of all boyz.....I have 3 boyz...
I love your blog and I will stop back by,,,,