Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finding Friends

Why,oh, Why did I do it? I was warned. I did put it off for a long time. I was repeatedly invited but I ignored it. Until now:


What was I thinking? I can't stop checking in and looking at it. I had oodles of friends from high school on there immediately upon signing up; endearing, fun, memorable people that I spent my "in"formative years with a click away, with life stories that are so interesting and varied. I want to know what everyone is up to. I don't have time for another addiction, the blogosphere is already making me think I need a 12-step program.

Are you on Facebook? Have you been invited to join? If you decide to sign up, don't say I didn't warn you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I signed up and left within a week... such a big time waster. Glad you like it though.

Mama Wheaton said...

I'm not on facebook, I think I'll stick with blogging. I can only handle one addiction at a time.

Kim H. said...

A friend of mine 'made' me do it - you know, cause all the cool kids were doing it. And yes, I found it fun and addicting at first - and then I found it annoying - and I much prefer spending my computer time blogging and reading blogs. So, the long and short of it is yes, I'm on facebook, but I'm a total FACEBOOK loser.

Now my 14 year old, that's a whole 'nother story - she's completely addicted.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I started on facebook because I was trying to find an old friend. And that was the only place I could find him. And now, it's fun to look up old boyfriends :-)

Unknown said...

I too was addicted... But now that I have found pretty much everyone, the new has worn off of it...


Even my aunts & Uncle are on it! It is an awesome way to keep tabs on everyone!

Ashley said...

Ah, yes... the addiction that is Facebook. Welcome to our world. Haha!

Melissa @ www.thebestnest.co.nz said...

Hi, I'm Melissa visiting via SITS, and I LOVE FB! Total time waster but it definately makes the cyber stalking much more time efficient! jk, no really I'm serious....

John Deere Mom said...

Don't even know anything about it. So, that would be a no...not on the Facebook. I can barely keep up with blogging...I don't think I have time for another addiction!

Shannon said...

I have dabbled a little bit in Facebook. I've mainly accepted a few friend requests and added Twilight flair to my corkboard!

Lula! said...

I'm on there...go be my friend...
Leigh Anne Roth Litton.

It is a TOTAL time sucker, though. I only check it once or twice a day. Last week, though, a friend from home posted one of my cheerleading pictures from junior high--a group of us have been commenting on it, back and forth, ever since. Ah, the memories...