Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ease On Down The Road

Mornin' Y'all!

Another glorious day has begun! Let's celebrate (hands out carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing).

We are getting ready to move from our home here in Maryland to Virginia Beach thanks kindly to the United States Navy (God Bless America's Heart). We do this every three years and you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but it still sneaks up on me like a sore throat. When you relocate in three-year increments, you generally spend the first year getting used to the place, the second year trying to enjoy it - or at least pretend you do - and then the third year you spend your time getting ready to hitch up your wagon and go again. Just when I found me a good hairdresser too, Geesh!

The gnat in my iced tea right now, is trying to sell a house in this turtle-slow housing market we got going on. What the magnolia is up with that? As Murphy's Law would have it, when we bought the house it was a seller's market and we paid too much for too little, now that it is our turn to sell it, it switched on over to a buyer's market. I'm a Lucky Lucy that way! ! But if anyone of you is in the market for a house in Ft. Meade, Maryland, I gotcha hookup!

I hope you all have a day full of Southern Sweet Sunshine!

2 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hi and welcome to blogland! The more you post the more fun you have.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and signing up for my give away. Good luck!

Oh my heart goes out to you. I hate moving and you have to move every three years! YIKES.

Oh well, look at it this way, you get to meet lots of new people, you place never gets that dirty and you get to see new places.

Hope you get a quick sell on your house and find a new home in no time flat!

Hugs,
Joanne

John Deere Mom said...

I can't imagine moving every 3 years! Good luck with this next move. Oh, and I will take that cupcake anytime! ;)